The nomination process for Worlds Ahead Faculty Award is as follows:
- Submit - Online nominations will be accepted between April 10th – May 26th by clicking here. Nominees must be full-time faculty members and can be nominated by themselves (if employed for a minimum of three years) or by colleagues (regardless of length of employment at FIU).
- Review - The list of nominees will be initially reviewed by the Office of the President and the Office of the Provost to confirm that all nominees are in good standing with the university. In June, nominations will be reviewed by a committee of past President’s Council Worlds Ahead Faculty Award recipients. The President’s Council Worlds Ahead Faculty Award Committee, composed of President’s Council members reviews the nominations and the recommendations from the past recipients.
- Recommendation - The review committees recommend a group of semi-finalists to be interviewed.
- Interviews - Semi-finalists will be invited to interview with the President’s Council Worlds Ahead Faculty Award Committee where the committee will make its selection.
- Finalists - The President’s Council Committee will forward its semi-finalists to the President and Provost for their approval.
- Award - The President’s Council Worlds Ahead Faculty Awards will be conferred at Faculty Convocation in October 12, 2017.